Karen is now 8 months and over 20 lb. She wows the her doctor from the start, and remains off the charts above 100% all on breast milk! She sits us great and is working on moving. She and Garin are about the same weight, the only differences he is a head taller, running, and a boy.
The WIC (Women Infant Child) office qualified us for food benefits back with Eva and we started. Why not it's free food. I now understand that these programs that try to help families are addicting. It is free food and it does help our budget. At least with WIC you have to get certain foods. So Karen is the first to get baby food through the program. I am still solo breastfeeding so the plan they put us on was baby cereal (16 oz) on from 4 months to a year and baby food at 6 months to a year. I barely opened one cereal box at 6 months and she has hardly eats 10 oz.
Now be aware that she probably could eat more she has 6 teeth she sits us on her own without help and still does not sleep through the night.I was floored when I went to get the baby food - 64 fruits and vegs. and 32 Meats! Yes those numbers are correct. At first I decided to only get one of each food to have Karen try and use as an allergy checker. Then I said to myself, "It's Free!"
So we have been checking for allergies and Karen gives me this face every time that I can only describe as, "Mom! What is this you are putting in my mouth? This is so gross!" She doesn't know how to gag purposefully so the only thing she does is keep her mouth closed, teeth together (did I tell you she has 6). We just recently had a break through with Pears and Peas, which happen to be my favorite, so maybe it runs in the family. So every month we get 96 bottles what should I do with last months? I gave some meats to her cousin born one month earlier who loves her homemade baby food, and we still have tons.
So maybe later today we will go the store and get the next batch of 96 bottles and on the way home stop by the donation center again. We will see.

No comments:
Post a Comment