Saturday, November 19, 2011

Microwave Pear Sauce

My kids love apples, but really love apple sauce. I recently purchased a case of 40 pounds of apples to dehydrate, but the apples started going quick and all I was left with was some half eaten ones. My kids will not eat them once they turn brown, but love cinnamon apple sauce, so I found a recipe and made some with the left over apples. Our family later went on a walk and found a pear tree. After the neighbors' premission and a week later we had 40 pounds of pears, but they didn't go so quickly. Hence the recipe was modified below and now we don't need "fruit" sauce for a while. I had to estimate how much pear because the sizes are very different.
Easy to complete in about 15 minutes per batch from start to finish.
1. Cut and peel 6 apples (6 cups of pears) into microwave dish (my pears were so small I didn't peel)
2. Add 1/4 c water, 1/3 c sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and stir.
3. Place in microwave for 6-8 minutes.
4. Remove and put cooked fruit in blender and blend until smooth.

Make 8 servings or one quart canning jar.  From the WIC cookbook






No comments: