Friday, November 4, 2011

November woos to thanks

Ok, meltdown, we all have them again. It seemed at one point last night nothing could go right and it was all my fault. All emotion running around in circles: anger, fatigue, saddness, disappointment, regret just to name the first. So as I tried to right the wrong and found myself crying on the backporch as the sun goes down. The cool weather, the cows mooing at me,silence from sick whiny children, and relief from a half dirty house set in motion a moment to cry all those awful emotions out, calm down, cool off, and reflect on God's creations and love for me. We often forget in heated moments when we feel alone that the Lord is there. He is waiting for us to notice his hand stretched out and spirit whispering the knowledge that only through Him we can have peace. So the journey begins with a prayer asking Him to help me to forgive myself and others. Focus on the good things, "What can I say in thanks to myself and husband this day?" Thanks that the house is half clean, so when the kids get sick I can focus on them. Thanks that my husband is home fixing little things. He tried to let me relax, but I unwisely saw it as procrastination and child neglect. The cows moos, first sounded like "move it" as a demand, but they moved on and Allen finally came to check on me. He knows better to just let me work it out with the Lord, before I did. So calmed down I can finish shining my sink, humbly thank my husband for making a sliding platform for my homemade "dishwasher," the dish drying drain under the sink. We are probably one day away from completely moving everything to our new bedroom. The goal was Christmas, but I think we will be completely done by Thanksgiving with our's and the girl's rooms. In a weird way I was glad (thankful) I couldn't call anyone to complain about my woos and only had access to our Lord to find the true forgiveness and peace.
Though we should rely on our Savoir, He does send others to help fullfill our prayers. I am greatful for the knowledge that we are not alone.



No comments: