Saturday, January 26, 2008

Family Affair

I have left it up to Allen to post the info on our blog, and enjoying reading it. Eva loves the pictures and our family has been so proud. Then in November Rebecca Allen joined our family (by marrying my brother William) we learned that blogging can become a family affair. At first I thought William was letting Rebecca do all the typing, but found that he uses several subtle clues, like changing the text font and color. So, of course I will be writing in Purple, and Eva has chosen Blue.

Here is Eva's section to type her favorite letters: zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyyuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiop zxcvbnmasdfghjklokqwetryuilooop zxcvbnmsadfghjk,qwertyuiop
Eva read me almost all the letters she typed in the order she found them on the keyboard, with the exceptions of V, S, and W. The ones in the middle went faster because they are almost in order.
Eva's "Pre-School" friends and siblings at a Halloween Party
Smith, Brown, Sanders, Williamson, and Papa (one twin is missing)
Eva is the Princess in the Purple Dress (I made in one day).
Evan is the Fire Dragon (I made the scales on his back).

Eva loves "pre-school" which is really a two hour class twice a week with church friends. As mothers we rotate houses and teaching. We started in Sept. and cover one Letter a week, a theme, and color. Soon we will run out of Letters and start on the numbers 1-10. Eva has learned so much and I think Evan might be getting some of the learning when we have it at our house. Last time he even sat with the children as we sang the days of the week and clapped his hands. We sing it to the tune of "The Adams Family:" Days of the Week (clap clap), Days of the Week (clap, clap), Days of the Week, Days of the Week, Days of the Week (clap, clap), There's Sunday and there's Monday, there's Tuesday and there's Wednesday, There's Thursday and there's Friday, and then there's Saturday. (Repeat Chorus)

For all of you who once read my xanga blog, I have not been able to get on for sometime, so this is a good change for our family. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Rebecca J said...

Yay for multiple blog authors! Glad that you're taking up your own identity on the blog. Looking forward to reading more purple and blue entries! :)