Friday, April 4, 2008

4:20 am HAIL

Got woke up this morning at 4:20 to a pounding on the roof.
I was experiencing my first hail storm (of any significance).
I watched from the safety of inside the house
until the hail stopped, then I foolishly went out side.

This is what I saw.
Dime to quarter size hail.


You got a clear spot from where the gutter is clogged
(with leafs and hail)
and running over. I has rained so much that the water next
to the house is an inch to an inch and a half deep


This is taken of where I was standing taking the picture above.
I had to move some of the hail to make sure the water
could drain and not flood into our house. Some thing else to note is
that this is taken under a tree. There is a lot
of leafs and hail. On the positive side it did smell like fresh cut tree.
This is what our car looks like. It is the new camouflage look.
I will have to see what it looks like in the light.

The hail came down so hard and fast it woke up both neighbors.
So we all were standing outside checking out what
damage we could see. The one checking his beloved Mustang
for broken windows
(he didn't look at the old Suburban right next to it).
The other just looking around with his wife,
saying that it had been a while since he had saw
a hail store like this.

Now I am stuck wide awake at 5am when I don't need
to be up until 6:40. That is what happens when you get
an adrenaline rush (kinda like a kid on Christmas morning).

I will try to keep an update as to how the car faired.
Luckily we have good insurance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: