Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I thought this weekend would be difficult to face, and as a daughter it is.  But as a mother I have found a truth that will get me through.

Motherhood is different for everyone as long as we find joy in our individual situation we have succeeded.  "Man is that he may have joy." I found more joy in my children's homemade gifts from school than ever before.  I treasure Lucia's laugh and Karen playing with my hair.  I recall the moment I realized my kids were helping me become the mother I always wished I saw in others. So I came out of my dream world and started living for those moments when cleaning became a blessing and hearing "mommy please play with me" is followed with "YES!" because I am the right mom for my family and The Lord will help make up any differences/imperfections.

Blessed Mother's Day

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I love you and think you are a fantastic Momma for your kids, just like Momma is fantastic for us.